Indian Cricketers Association condemns threatening messages to Wriddhiman Saha

Wriddhiman Saha. Photo : (Twitter : Wriddhipops)

Wriddhiman Saha. Photo : (Twitter : Wriddhipops)

The Indian Cricketers’ Association has ‘strongly condemned’ the compromising message shipped off Wriddhiman Saha by a columnist and has invited BCCI’s choice to test the issue.

Wriddhiman Saha, 37, tweeted out a screen capture of messages from an alleged columnist on Saturday (February 19), a brief time after the guardian player was avoided with regard to India’s Test crew for the impending series against Sri Lanka. The issue raised after previous players like Ravi Shastri, Parthiv Patel and Virender Sehwag, among others, participated in the analysis of the said writer. The BCCI therefore chose to make quick work of the issue with financial officer Arun Dhumal previously expressing on record that secretary Jay Shah will address the veteran wicketkeeper.

“We recognize the way that the media assumes a vital part both in the development of our game and the players however there’s generally a line that must never be crossed. What has occurred for Saha’s situation is absolutely unsuitable and we require the particular press associations to take up the matter and guarantee such things are not rehashed,” said ICA President Ashok Malhotra.

“At the ICA our first concern is the government assistance of cricketers, at various times, and we can’t acknowledge such conduct from anybody not to mention a columnist. We are completely with Saha and solicitation him to uncover the columnist’s name. Should the BCCI want to drop the blundering writer’s certification and admittance to any BCCI occasion, we will completely uphold the move,” he added.

Read Also : Amelia Kerr stars as New Zealand take 4-0 lead

“We would offer our full help to Saha at this crossroads. No player ought to be exposed to such ‘dangers’ from anybody in the media or somewhere else. We encourage the media likewise to show up to openly endorse Saha and guarantee that such issues don’t manifest once more,” said Hitesh Majumdar, the ICA Secretary. “Any communication between a player and the media has consistently to be deliberate.”

The way that Saha is a midway contracted player changes the elements of the discussion. The BCCI might be constrained to follow up on this and Saha may likewise be constrained to uncover the name.

The Saha storm, nonetheless, has different features and the danger from the columnist is just a single part of the entire discussion. The BCCI president Sourav Ganguly’s supposed affirmation to his statemate that his determination will be dealt with the same length as he is in power is similarly confounding, if not Rahul Dravid’s recommendation to the wicketkeeper to think about retirement.

That his future with the Indian group isn’t brilliant has been passed on to him, something Saha himself has conceded. “The group the board had let me know that I would not be thought about hereafter. I was unable to tell this insofar as I was important for the India group arrangement. Indeed, even mentor Rahul Dravid recommended that I contemplate taking retirement,” Saha told PTI as of late. Dravid has since explained why he has prompted so.

Saha’s really surprising revelation was Ganguly’s alleged confirmation of determination to him. “Whenever I hit an unbeaten 61 taking a pain reliever in the primary Test against New Zealand in Kanpur last November, Dadi (Ganguly) complimented me over Whatsapp. He even referenced that I ought not stress over anything inasmuch as he is in charge of the BCCI. Such a message from the board president truly helped my certainty. In any case, I neglected to comprehend the reason why everything changed so quick,” Saha said, placing the board president in a spot.

Read Also : Shaheen Afridi cameo goes in vain as Peshawar Zalmi win in Super Over

1 thought on “Indian Cricketers Association condemns threatening messages to Wriddhiman Saha

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.