Ronaldo misses cut for Ballon d’or for 1st time in 20 years

Paris, on September 7th.
Seven-time winner of the Ballon d’Or award, Lionel Messi, is now eligible to win the award again after not being nominated last year. This year, his rival Cristiano Ronaldo is not included in the nomination list.
Messi, the famous soccer player for Inter Miami, helped Argentina win the World Cup in December. On Wednesday, he was chosen as one of the 30 players nominated for a special award, along with Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappe.
Ronaldo, who has won five times in the past and currently plays for Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia, did not qualify for the first time since 2003.
The person who wins will be told on October 30th.
France Football magazine has been giving out awards to men every year since 1956. They started giving awards to women every year since 2018. However, the awards for both men and women were not held in 2020 because of the pandemic.
Aitana Bonmati, who was recently awarded as the best female player in Europe by UEFA, is one of six women from Spain who have been nominated. Bonmati helped Spain win the Women’s World Cup last month.
“Bonmati said on social media that she is thankful and proud to be nominated alongside other talented players. ” Alexia Putellas, who has won twice before, did not make the list of women players because she was not able to play due to an ACL injury. Haaland, who scored 52 goals for Manchester City when they won three championships last season, is one of seven players from the team on the men’s list. Fifteen players are selected for the first time. The text is not provided in the question. Please provide the text that you would like to have simplified.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *